Friday, May 20, 2011

4 Days and counting!!!

My blog is finally finished!  I have been spending the entire week trying to perfect this page, but I have realized that this is a space for me to just reflect on the feelings and thoughts I have towards my trip to South Africa.  The trip actually seems real now that I have been packing, and saying goodbye to my friends and family.  I never thought I would ever have the opportunity to study abroad, especially to South Africa.  I feel so incredibly blessed to be going with such a great group of people and to have the opportunity to step outside of my comfort zone.  I am feeling very anxious, but extremely excited.  After our pre-departure meetings, I feel a lot more comfortable with what we will be doing while we are at the University and in the Townships.  My main goal is to stay open minded and immerse myself in the South African Culture by opening my heart and mind to new things.  I want to come back from this trip with no regrets, and most of all, I want to hope to build strong relationships with the people in my group and the families and people I meet in South Africa.  

I am ready to take on this experience ahead of me, and I can't wait to share it with all of you:)  Thanks for all your love and support!

Much more to come:)

No comments:

Post a Comment